When it came time for bride-to-be Ashley to celebrate her bachelorette weekend, she and her 17 besties packed their bags and headed to Austin, Texas! Ashley chose this popular southern bachelorette party destination for a few reasons. First, after having lived in Houston for a few years and never making the trip to the ATX, Austin was a city on her bucket list to check out. She was familiar with the laid-back vibe of the city and knew she'd especially enjoy getting some time on Lake Travis. She also wanted to pick a destination that would cut down on travel for her Texas friends who would be flying to her wedding in Wisconsin a few months later. Gotta love a thoughtful and considerate bride-to-be!
Ashley and her crew on their self-guided wall mural tour! This photo was snapped by the Greetings From Austin mural on South First Street.
The Weekend Itinerary
What They Did
Ashley and her bride squad had no shortage of fun during their weekend in the Live Music Capital of the World! Between a booze cruise on Lake Travis, horseback riding at a local ranch, bar-hopping on Rainey Street and even getting a TATTOO (what?!), this crew sure knows how to have a good time. Here's their full itinerary:
• Arrive in Austin!
• Shopping at the Kenda Scott Flagship Store on South Congress Avenue
• Lunch at Whataburger (the bride's favorite Texas fast-food joint)
• Check into the AirBNB on Lake Travis
• Dinner and relaxing at the house
• Booze Cruise on Lake Travis with a double-decker pontoon boat rented from Riviera Marina
• Relaxing and getting ready at the house
• Self-guided tour of the wall murals near South Congress
• Dinner at the food truck court on Rainey Street (Pro Tip: This was an easy option for dinner with a big group!)
• Drinks at Unbarlieveable and Icenhauer's on Rainey Street
• Trip to Southern Trails Ranch in New Braunfels (about 30 mins outside of Austin) for horseback riding, skeet shooting and axe throwing
• Lunch at Torchy's Tacos on South Congress
• Spontaneous stop at Southside Tattoo... some of the girls (including the bride) got a tattoo!
• Girl's Night In at the house with dinner, games, jello shots, a piñata and Taylor Swift
• Check out and head home
Ashley and her 18 besties accessorized with coordinating black swimsuits for their booze cruise on Lake Travis and matching bandanas for their trip to Southern Trails Ranch. The last night they all wore denim!
The Bachelorette Pad
Where They Stayed
Ashley and her bride squad stayed at a gorgeous AirBNB with panoramic views of Lake Travis. The custom-built and spacious home features 5 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms and sleeps up to 14 guests. Located about 30 minutes outside of downtown Austin, Lake Travis is a great location for groups who are spending time on the water but still looking to stay close to town.
Luxury Lake Travis Villa (5 bed, 4.5 bath AirBNB)
The girls playing games at their AirBNB with panoramic views of Lake Travis, located about 30 minutes from downtown Austin.
The Party Favors
How They Accessorized
• Gettin' Hitched Bandanas - Stag & Hen ($3+ each)
• Nashelorette Banner - Stag & Hen ($18 each) (Ashley removed the "N" so it would read "Ashelorette" - genius!)
• Bride Swimsuit - Stag & Hen ($49 each)
• Drinking Buddies Drink Markers - Stag & Hen ($14 each)
• Groom Fat Head - Fat Head
The Round Up
Where They Ate, Drank & Celebrated
Finding great restaurants and a place to stay can be tough! Here's a round up of some of the spots Ashley and her I Do Crew recommend from her Austin bachelorette weekend.
• Horseback Riding - Southern Trails Ranch
• Lake Travis Booze Cruise - Riviera Marina
• Dinner - Food Trucks on Rainey Street
• Lunch - Torchy's Tacos on South Congress
• Lunch - Whataburger
• Bar - Unbarlieveable
• Bar - Icenhauer's
There you have it - Ashley's final fling in Austin! Need more inspiration for your bach weekend? Check out our Austin Bachelorette Party Guide for tons of other ideas on where to party.
Check out our Austin Bachelorette Party Guide for a hand-picked selection of the best places to eat, sleep and party in the ATX!