Over the years Austin has been building up steam as a great weekend getaway for bachelorette parties and it's no wonder why. The music scene, delicious cheap eats, and famous Sixth Street make it an ideal city for any Bachelorette Bash! So, when it came time for native Texan and former UT Longhorn, Margaret, to decide on a destination for her bachelorette, Austin was an obvious choice. Not only would it be the perfect place to relive the good 'ole college days, but it'd keep travel costs down for her mostly-local besties.
The Weekend Itinerary
What They Did
Margaret and her I Do Crew spent their weekend how any former UT Longhorns would - hanging out at college favorites like Cain & Abel's and partying it up on Dirty Sixth! Besides reliving the good 'ole days, the Bride Tribe also spent plenty of time relaxing and enjoying all the delish food Austin has to offer.
• Party Bus to tour (and day drink at) Margaret's former favorite college spots
• Lunch & day drinking at The ABGB
• Drinks at Cain & Abel's (a favorite Longhorn bar)
• Dinner catered from Maudie's at the house
• Lingerie shower and games!
The Bachelorette Pad
Where They Stayed
Since Margaret and most her friends lived in Austin for several years during college, staying downtown near the action wasn't a huge priority for them. Instead, they focused on finding a killer (but affordable) house where they could get plenty of chill time to catch up - then Party Bus'ed it out to the bars. The exact house Margaret's crew rented is no longer available, but we found a similar, super cute option here!
Rented via AirBNB.com (similar option)
The Budget Breakdown
What They Paid
Since Margaret was having a destination wedding in New Orleans, she wanted to keep her bachelorette weekend as affordable as possible for guests. By keeping it in driving distance to most of her guests, the girls were able to spend their moolah on food & drinks instead of plane tickets.
11 total attendees
• 12 Passenger Party Bus, 5 hours - $850 including tax/tip ($78 per person)
• Groceries/Alcohol - $350 total ($32 per person)
• Party Favors/Decor - $200 total ($18 per person)
The Party Favors
How They Accessorized
No bachelorette party is complete without some bride tribe bling! Here's a round-up of what Margaret's Bride Tribe wore to accessorize.
The Round Up
Where They Ate, Drank & Celebrated
From reliving their best college memories on Dirty Sixth to chowing down on pizza and chips & queso, these locals picked some of the best spots to celebrate Bride-to-Be Margaret in the ATX.
• Catering - Maudie's Tex-Mex (www.maudies.com)
• Dinner - Searsucker (searsucker.com/austin)
• Drinks - Garage Cocktail Bar (www.garagetx.com)
• Lunch/Drinks - The ABGB (theabgb.com)
• Drinks - Cain & Abel's (abels.com/original)
• Lodging - Rental via AirBNB (www.airbnb.com)
• Party Bus - ATX Party Bus (www.atxpartybus.com)
• Dessert - Nothing Bundt Cakes (www.nothingbundtcakes.com)