When it came time for bride-to-be Brittan to celebrate her final fling in Palm Springs, the universe had other ideas. Like many 2020 brides, Brittan had to cancel her March bachelorette party due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Rather than skip out on the festivities all together, her friends decided to bring Palm Springs to Brittan's hometown, Austin! With a few tweaks to the agenda, the group was able to plan a pandemic-friendly bachelorette celebration with social distancing in mind. Wondering how they did it? Read on!
Brittan's Final Flamingle in Austin! The group practicing safe social-distancing with a pool day at their AirBNB
The Weekend Itinerary
What They Did
Brittan and her bride squad had the perfect, pandemic-friendly bachelorette weekend in Austin! The girls found activities and restaurants where they could practice safe social-distancing while still celebrating the bride-to-be. The weekend kicked off with decorating their AirBNB, followed by pizza and beer at Central Machine Works, a beer hall with a large outdoor seating area. The next morning, the squad enjoyed brunch and mimosas at their house before heading to Lake Austin for an afternoon on the water. That evening the girls ordered take-out from Chuy's before having a pajama night at the house. For the final day of celebrating, the group spent the day enjoying the pool and outdoor deck at their AirBNB and dinner prepared by a private chef.
• Bridesmaids arrive at the AirBNB and decorate!
• Champagne toast at the house when the bride arrives
• Pizza and beer at Central Machine Works on the outside patio
• Brunch at the house with a mimosa bar and breakfast pastries from Golden Croissant in Nederland, TX
• Afternoon booze cruise on Lake Austin with Float On Boat Rentals
• Taco night at the house with dinner delivered from Chuy's (such good queso!)
• Pajama night, lingerie shower and games at the house
• Four-course, private chef dinner at the house prepared by Sprout Personal Chef Services
• Breakfast tacos at Taquero Mucho
• Goodbyes and head home!
Boat Day! The squad spent an afternoon on Lake Austin with a boat rental from Float On Boat Rentals
The Bachelorette Pad
Where They Stayed
Brittan and her nine besties stayed in a five bed, five bath modern house just a short drive from Austin's famous Zilker Park. The house featured a large outdoor deck, pool and updated decor. In total, the house sleeps up to 14 guests making it an idea spot for a bachelorette party pad!
5 Bed, 5 Bath Modern House Near Zilker Park
The bride squad set up their party headquarters at this five bed, five bathroom house rental with a pool and outdoor living area.
The Party Favors
How They Accessorized
It's not a bachelorette party without some bride tribe bling! Brittan and her bride tribe accessorized with classic and fun decorations and favors from Stag & Hen.
• Retro Heart Sunglasses - Stag & Hen | $8 each
• Final Flamingle Party Banner - Stag & Hen | $24
• Bride's Babes Party Cups - Stag & Hen | $18 for 15 cups
• Pink Bride Straw - Stag & Hen | $7 each
• Drinking Buddies - Stag & Hen | $14 for 6
• Photo Booth Props - Stag & Hen | $12
The Round Up
Where They Ate, Drank & Celebrated
Finding great restaurants and activities can be tough! Here's a round up of the spots Brittan and her I Do Crew recommend from her Austin bachelorette bash.
• Party Boat Rental - Float On Boat Rentals
• Private Chef - Sprout Personal Chef Services
• Dinner - Central Machine Works
• Dinner - Chuy's
• Breakfast - Golden Croissant
• Breakfast - Taquero Mucho
Is it even a bachelorette party without a photo booth set up?! Brittan and her bride squad posing with props from Stag & Hen.