When it came time for native Texan Lexie to celebrate her bachelorette party, she decided Fredericksburg was the perfect destination for the festivities! In addition to being a drive-able destination for most of her bridesmaids, this charming town in the hill country offers a lot to do without the hustle and bustle (or the price tag) of a big city bachelorette bash. Whether it's window shopping on Main Street, enjoying the wide open country landscape, or wine tasting at one of the dozens of vineyards, Fredericksburg is a fantastic destination for a final fling and girls getaway.
The Party Theme
Bride's Last Disco
Lexie's bridesmaids decided to bring some glitz and glam to the Texas Hill Country with a disco-themed bachelorette party! The girls decorated their house rental with fun photo booth backdrops and balloon banners, disco ball tumblers, PG-rated penis straws and custom cookies baked by Glitz Bakery. In keeping with the theme, the group coordinated in disco outfits with matching blingy heart sunglasses. Shop the look via the links below:
• LAST DISCO Balloon Banner from Amazon
• Silver BRIDE Balloon Banner from Stag & Hen
• Silver Photo Booth Backdrop from Stag & Hen
• White Bride Straw from Stag & Hen
• Silly Penis Straws from Stag & Hen
• Disco Ball Tumblers from Stag & Hen
• Blingy Rhinestone Heart Sunglasses from Stag & Hen
• Custom Disco Cookies from Glitz Bakery.
The Weekend Itinerary
What They Did
Lexie and her bride squad kicked off the bachelorette celebrations by decorating their house rental and then heading to Fredericksburg's Main Street to window shop and grab lunch. One of their favorite stops? The adorable BuddyLove boutique!
Afterwards, the group headed back to the house and sipped on seltzers and margaritas while getting ready for the night and waiting for the rest of the bride squad to arrive. Once everyone was settled and feeling ready to party, the crew headed back to Main Street for a late dinner at Hidden Hideaway followed by disco karaoke night at Velvet Lounge.
The next day, the girls recovered with breakfast tacos and a pilates class at the house led by one of the bridesmaids. Later that afternoon, the group headed out to explore some of Fredericksburg's wineries with private transportation provided by Peach Express. Stops on their wine tour included tastings at The Edge, Safari Winery and Texas Wine Collective.
For the last night of the bachelorette weekend, the girls decided to keep it low key with a pajama party at the house complete with a lingerie shower, party games and pizza delivered from West End Pizza Co. The group turned on Bridesmaids in the background, because what bachelorette party is complete without an appearance from Kristin Wiig and Maya Rudolph, anyway?!
Before saying their goodbyes on Sunday morning, the group grabbed brunch at Sunset Grill and enjoyed one final toast to celebrate the bride-to-be!
• Arrive at the rental house and decorate with decorations from Stag & Hen and custom cookies from Glitz Bakery
• Lunch and window shopping on Main Street (Pro Tip: Check out the adorable BuddyLove boutique!)
• Seltzer and margaritas at the house while getting dressed in disco gear for Glitz & Glam night
• Late dinner at Hidden Hideaway on Main Street. The group planned to go to Hondo's on Main, but ended up hanging out at the house longer than planned and had to shift plans to a spot that was open late :)
• Karaoke and drinks at Velvet Lounge
• Hangover breakfast tacos from Whataburger delivered to the house
• Afternoon Wine Tasting Tour with Peach Express with stops at The Edge, Safari Winery and Texas Wine Collective
• Pajama party and lingerie shower at the house with pizza delivered from West End Pizza Co. and Bride's Last Disco printable party games
• Clean up and check out followed by brunch at Sunset Grill (Pro Tip: Try the Sunsetter Eggs Benedict... sooo good!)
• Goodbyes and head home
The Bachelorette Pad
Where They Stayed
Lexie and her bride besties stayed at an adorable bungalow with a back house just two blocks from Fredericksburg's Main Street. In total, the two spaces had a combined 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms with enough beds to sleep 16 people - plenty of room for any bachelorette group! The house also had a large backyard with a fire pit, two roomy porches for coffee or late night drinks and updated appliances and decor. It was the perfect party pad for Lexie's disco getaway in the Texas Hill Country.
5 Bedroom Bungalow with a Back House and a Fire Pit
Modern Comfort Wrapped In History; Booked via VRBO
The Round Up
Where They Ate, Drank & Celebrated
Finding great restaurants and activities can be tough! Here's a round up of the spots Lexie and her I Do Crew recommend from her Fredericksburg bachelorette bash.
• Late Night Dinner - Hidden Hideaway
• Karaoke Bar - Velvet Lounge
• Winery Transportation - Peach Express
• Winery - The Edge
• Winery - Safari Winery
• Winery - Texas Wine Collective
• Pizza Delivery - West End Pizza Co.
• Brunch - Sunset Grill