New Orleans Bachelorette: #YesToNOLA
If you're a bride-to-be that loves GOOD food, non-stop nightlife and tons of culture, look no further than New Orleans for your perfect bachelorette party destination! NOLA's beautiful architecture, outstanding food and of course, Bourbon Street, are bound to serve up one unforgettable final fling. So when it came time for bride-to-be Lauren (Detroit realtor, founder of Katch Kollection, and Instagrammer @iamlaurenlyrics) to celebrate her bachelorette weekend, she knew New Orleans was the place for her! Wondering what they did?! Read on!
Bride-to-be Lauren (you may know her better as @iamlaurenlyrics) and her squad out and about on Bourbon Street in their matching "Yes to NOLA" tees!
The Weekend Itinerary
What They Did
For Lauren's bachelorette weekend, six of her best friends came together from the north and the south for a weekend packed with classic NOLA food, drinks, dancing and tons of girl-time. Since not all of Lauren's friends had met each other before, this was the perfect weekend for all her bridesmaids to get to know each other before the wedding.
• Arrive in NOLA and head to the hotel (the MOH arrived early to decorate)
• Explore Bourbon street while sipping on Mardi Gras Daiquiris
• Lunch at Louisiana Bistro (pro tip: order the bbq shrimp!)
• Pit-stop at the hotel to change and get ready for dinner
• Dinner in little black dresses at the iconic Broussard's
• Bar and club-hopping (and so much dancing!) on Bourbon Street
• Drinks and photo ops on Bourbon Street
• Afternoon at the local Freret Street Festival with local food, art and music
• Pit-stop at the hotel to change, play games and catch up!
• Hurricane and appetizers at the hotel bar
• Bar-hopping on Bourbon Street
• Late night beignets at Cafe Du Monde
• Quick breakfast and head home
The Bachelorette Pad
Where They Stayed
Lauren and her #beyhive called the Marriott on Canal Street their home for the weekend! Located in the French Quarter and just a few two blocks away from Bourbon Street, the hotel was situated perfectly for Lauren's bachelorette party HQ. They were easily able to walk to all the fun on Bourbon Street and head back to the hotel to change and get ready for dinner without ever having to hop in an Uber. And can we talk about how cute the decorations are?! Major bach party goals!
New Orleans Marriott - Canal Street
Lauren's MOH arrived early to decorate their rooms at the New Orleans Marriott! The hotel was located in the French Quarter, within walking distance to Bourbon Street.
The Party Favors
How They Accessorized
It's not a bachelorette party without some bride tribe bling! Lauren and her bride squad accessorized with tons of adorable decorations for their hotel room along with matching "Yes To NOLA" shirts and custom favor bags.
• Boho Bride Headband Veil - Stag & Hen | $48
• Future Wifey Headband - Stag & Hen | $12
• I Got The Hubby / We Got The Bubbly Party Cups - Stag & Hen | $12
• She Said Yaaas! Party Cups - Etsy | $14
Bach party favors for the win! The girls decked out their hotel room with balloons, party cups from Stag & Hen and custom favor bags.
The Round Up
Where They Ate, Drank & Celebrated
Finding great restaurants and party pad can be tough! Here's a round up of some of the spots Lauren and her I Do Crew recommend from her bachelorette bash.
• Friday Lunch - Louisiana Bistro
• Friday Dinner - Broussard's
• Saturday Brunch - The Ruby Slipper Cafe
• Saturday Drinks - Marriott Lobby Bar
• Beignets - Cafe Du Monde
• Street Festival - Freret Street Festival
• Bars and clubs on Bourbon Street!
Lauren and her beyhive posing in the lobby pre-Hurricanes and Saturday night club-hopping!There you have it - Lauren's final fling in NOLA! Have you been to a bachelorette party in New Orleans before? Leave your tips in the comments and don't forget to check out Lauren on Instagram @iamlaurenlyrics.
Pssttt... Want even more cute bach ideas?! Follow us on Instagram @shopstagandhen for bachelorette inspiration, giveaways, deals and MORE!