The Perfect Itinerary for an Austin Bachelorette Party
Photo Credit: Lushra and @stayyoung_12
If you’ve ever been to Austin, you’ll immediately understand why it’s considered a top bachelorette party destination. Known as "the live music capital of the world," Austin truly has it all. Grub on award-winning BBQ, bar hop on the world-famous Sixth Street, or head to Lake Austin for a day on the water. Whether you’re a bride looking a low-key bachelorette weekend or a crazy one, Austin will not disappoint.
With all the fun activities, bars and restaurants Austin offers, it can be a little overwhelming trying to build out the perfect bachelorette party itinerary. Don't fret, bach babes! We're here to help. We've built out a three day guide for a weekend in Austin that the entire bride squad will love.
When you're done here, head to our Austin Bachelorette Party Guide to customize your itinerary with a hand-picked selection of the BEST places to eat, sleep and party for a bachelorette weekend in Austin!
Austin is Best for Brides Who…
Truly, Austin has something to offer for all personality types. Active brides will love the outdoor activities Austin offers like kayaking on town lake, hiking the greenbelt or catching a yoga class with baby goats (we're serious). The bride who likes to "chill" party can day drink her way through Rainey Street and end the night bar-hopping on Sixth Street. There's no shortage of bars (read: bars, not nightclubs, hence the "chill") in this city! And the foodie bride?! She can enjoy some of the best BBQ and tex-mex around.
- Like to be active. Hike the greenbelt, go swimming at barton springs, kayak on town lake or take a yoga class with baby goats!
- Like to "chill" party. Day drink on Rainey Street, bar-hop on Sixth Street or chill out on Austin's East Side. Note that Austin is big on bars, not nightclubs, hence the "chill!"
- Like Tex-Mex and BBQ. Only in Austin can you eat tacos for three meals a day!
Where To Stay
When it comes to finding a place for your bachelorette party headquarters, Austin offers a ton of great options. If you want to be in the center of the nightlife, look no further than downtown for a walkable neighborhood with tons of hotels and rental options. Head just south of the river to South Congress for a true, authentic Austin experience or go a few blocks east to the up-and-coming East Side for more affordable options. If you're looking to relax, find a rental on Lake Austin for a scenic getaway that's still only a few minutes from the heart of the city.
Downtown - Stay in Austin's vibrant downtown packed with countless bars, restaurants and live music venues.
South Congress - Experience Austin like a local in this trendy neighborhood with hip boutiques and eateries.
East Side - Enjoy chill bars and restaurants in this up-an-coming hipster paradise.
Lake Austin - Relax and unwind at a waterfront retreat on Lake Austin.
The Perfect Austin Bachelorette Party Itinerary
Spend at least one day of your Austin bachelorette weekend on Lake Austin! It's a MUST-do, babes. Photo by Chrissi Hernandez.
Day 1: Welcome to Austin!
Welcome to Austin! Kick off your trip to the ATX with dinner and drinks on South Congress. Stop in to some of the trendy boutiques and shops, like the Kenda Scott and YETI Flagship stores, before getting a photo by the famous "i love you so much wall mural."
- Arrive in Austin
- Get settled at your AirBNB or hotel
- Window-shop at the trendy boutiques on South Congress
- Grab dinner at Guero's Taco Bar or Home Slice Pizza and drinks at Hotel San Jose
- End the night with party games back at the house!
Day 2: Party Boat on Lake Austin & Rainey Street
It’s not a trip to Austin without catching some rays at party cove! We suggest spending your second day in the ATX with brunch followed by a party boat followed by dinner and bar-hopping on Rainey Street. Heading to Austin in the winter months? Try an Austin Duck Adventure Tour instead of a party boat.
- Casual brunch at Fresa’s Chicken al Carbon
- Party boat on Lake Austin (or Austin Duck Adventure Tour if it's cold!)
- Down time at the house
- Dinner at Banger's Sausage House on Rainey Street
- Bar-hopping on Rainey Street at Container Bar, Lustre Pearl and Icenhauer's
Day 3: Pedal Pub & Bar-Hopping on Sixth Street
After a long day in the sun, kick off your morning with some recovery breakfast tacos from Taco Deli or Torchy's. Then gear up for an afternoon BYOB bike tour of Austin's east side with Hipside Peddler. Lastly, end your trip with a bang with dinner and drinks on the famous Sixth Street!
- Breakfast tacos at the house from Taco Deli or Torchy's
- Pedal pub tour with Hipside Peddler
- Head home and get ready for dinner
- Dinner at Wu Chow and drinks at Midnight Cowboy (a secret speakeasy on Sixth Street!)
- Bar-hopping on Sixth Street at The Ranch, The Dogwood and Maggie Mae's
Don't miss Austin's Rainey Street for a good time! Photo by The Sweetest Escape - take a peek at her blog for more from her bachelorette weekend.
Our Favorite Austin Bachelorette Party Themes
Final Fiesta? Bride's Last Ride? Let's Get Nauti? The great news about Austin is pretty much any bachelorette party theme works! Between the lake, cowboys and Tex-Mex, this southern city is the perfect setting for a cute and classy bachelorette party theme.
- Final Fiesta - embrace the city's Mexican culture and cuisine with a fiesta-themed bachelorette party!
- Old Town Bride - bring your cowboy boots and go all out country with an "Old Town Bride" bachelorette party theme.
- Let's Get Nauti - seas the day with a nautical bachelorette party theme, perfect for a day on Lake Austin!
Shop our Final Fiesta party theme for your bachelorette weekend in Austin
Customize your itinerary with recommendations from our Austin Bachelorette Party Guide
Discover more fun bachelorette party activities, restaurants and bars by browsing our full Austin Bachelorette Party Guide. This guide includes a hand-picked selection of only the BEST options for an unforgettable weekend in the ATX like:
- The Best Austin Bachelorette Party Activities
- The Best Austin Bars & Restaurants
- Party Recaps from Real Austin Bachelorette Weekends
Shop our online store for cute & classy bachelorette party supplies!
Pssttt... Want even more cute bach ideas?! Follow us on Instagram @shopstagandhen for bachelorette inspiration, giveaways, deals and MORE!