11 Tips For The Perfect Hometown Bachelorette Party
Host the perfect bachelorette party staycation in your hometown with these 11 easy tips
Life happens and when it does, the bachelorette trip must go on! A bachelorette staycation might be the perfect way to celebrate the bride without stressing her out or stretching her thin, not to mention you’ll save major dolla bills! You’d be surprised at how much fun a weekend in a familiar city can be when you embrace the idea of a staycation. This bachelorette trip alternative is a unique and creative way to make the bride feel loved and appreciated, but that doesn’t mean it is perfect for everyone! Here are some signs that your bride would be a good candidate for a killer staycation.
A staycation is perfect for a bride who is:
- Committed to her career and can’t take much time off
- Operating on a tight budget
- Located in or near a city with fun activities
- A mom who needs to stay close by the kiddos
- Known for being a huge homebody
- Low-maintenance and low-key
- Nervous about flying
Here are a few things you can do to make staying home feel special for the bride-to-be.
1. Rent fancy transportation
Make her feel like a celebrity in her city! Use the money you saved on travel expenses to rent a party bus or limo to chauffeur your group around for a night. You can rent luxury cars on Turo or find a limo service in your area.
Photo courtesy of Honky Tonk Party Express in Nashville
2. Do the bride's favorite things... but with a VIP twist
Take advantage of being in the bride's hometown by doing some of her favorite activities with a VIP twist. Does she have a favorite bar or breakfast spot? Take her to brunch but make it extra memorable by booking a private room, ordering the best bottle of champagne or bringing in balloons to decorate. Is her favorite sports team playing? Take her to the game.... in matching jerseys! Maybe a band that she loves in town? Grab VIP tickets for the whole group. Does she love her cycling studio? Book a private class themed to her favorite music! When your whole crew is together, everything seems like a new and fun experience!
3. Up-level your decorations
Whether you’re hosting the group in someone’s home or in a hotel, put extra thought into the decorations to make the bride feel special! This makes for great photo ops and shows her that you put time and thought into the weekend. Go all in with a fiesta theme, tequila and tacos. Choose a classic theme that never fails, or play on local vibes and activities to embrace your location and create your own theme. This gives the entire group a reason to dress for the occasion!
Bride-to-be Megan had a bachelorette staycation with a flamingo-themed pool party in her hometown of Austin. Check out their full itinerary here!
4. Plan a progressive dinner at the bride's favorite haunts
A progressive dinner at all of the bride’s favorite spots is the PERFECT way to help her experience her city in a new way, while still paying homage to her old favorites. Go for happy hour and appetizers at one place, entrees at another, dessert at a third and champagne at a fourth. This can be really customized and thoughtful when you take the bride’s favorites into account.
5. Host a bachelorette "field day" in the bride's backyard
Spend the afternoon playing classic camp and drinking games like flip cup, tug-a-war and beer pong in the bride's backyard. Divide into teams and have BBQ or burgers when the games are over!
Bride-to-be Kristin had a "Camp Kristin" themed bach weekend with a Color Wars party in their backyard! Get all the details here.
6. Pamper the bride with a spa dayShe may be in her own city, but that doesn’t mean it can’t feel like a relaxing get away. You can book services like massages, manicures, pedicures, facials or a relaxing yoga class to help her really wind down and escape. We love the idea of giving her a robe with her new monogram on it! You could even customize robes for the group as a party favor that you can wear again on the wedding day.
7. Be extra with your bachelorette night out attire
There’s nothing like a hometown throw down so don’t be scared to get a little wild with your outfits and your dance moves. You have a free pass as a group of bachelorettes, so who cares if you see someone you know! Don’t shy away from going extra AF with the bride squad attire to make the evening feel different and special. Make sure to get the bride plenty of accessories like a sash, a veil and a penis tattoo if she wants! Staycations score major bonus points because you can be hungover from the comfort of her home.
Bride-to-be Amanda and her squad in red jumpsuits for her bachelorette night out on the town - we love the sass!
8. Go big with a drag-show brunch or pancake party
A brunch in honor of the bride is a must at any bachelorette party. You can make reservations at her favorite spot, get crazy at a drag show brunch, or cook up your own and enjoy breakfast in bed with pancakes and mimosas. There really is no wrong way to brunch, so just make a plan and bring your stretchy pants.
9. Create an itinerary so the crew doesn't get too chillWhen you are in a familiar place, it can be easy to just go with the flow. Be sure to make an agenda so that you have intentional plans for the weekend. This will keep you from having awkward downtime and it will make the bride feel super catered to when every minute is packed with fun and relaxation! Once you've finalized the game plan, download one of our customizable bachelorette party invitations and print out a copy for each guest.
10. Avoid the groom at all costs
Nothing says “party foul” like the groom crashing the bachelorette trip. If the bride and groom live in the same city, don’t let him participate in the weekend! Bachelorette trips are for the bridesmaids (and the bridesmen), no exceptions! Part of the fun of a bachelorette trip is talking dirty about the groom, trying on lingerie, playing girly games and spending quality time with friends! We love the groom of course, but for this weekend only, we will require that he stays in his lane.
11. Have a good old fashioned girls night
Honestly nothing sounds better than wine, the bride’s favorite movie, popcorn and games. You can kick off the weekend with an old fashioned slumber party. We’re talking throwback movies, pizza delivery, drinking games, matching pajamas, pints on pints of ice cream, the works. This is a fun and classic way for everyone to spend some QT with the bride and relax together.
Get more bachelorette tips from Haute Off The Rack's beach bachelorette weekend.
No matter what you decide to do on your bachelorette staycation, it will be a weekend to remember! Don’t forget finishing touches like customized invitations and party favors. If you throw a staycation, let us know! We would love to feature your squad on the ‘gram!
If you’re still not sold on the idea of a staycation, you can find our city guides and browse real party recaps to give you some destination inspiration. Happy planning!
Shop our online store for cute & classy bachelorette party supplies!
Pssttt... Want even more cute bach ideas?! Follow us on Instagram @shopstagandhen for bachelorette inspiration, giveaways, deals and MORE!